Reports to: VP Engagement Products, Red Arrow
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Date Prepared: June 1, 2018
The User Experience Designer is responsible for creating intuitive and compelling user experiences and user interface designs for our healthcare software products. This includes driving user centered design while collaborating with a cross-functional agile team to rapidly establish product concepts and ensure transformative software products are successfully delivered to market.
Position Success Factors
- Delivering design concepts to help showcase product vision and ideas
- Delivering visual designs for a quality user experience measured by user satisfaction input collected
- Having a deep understanding of users to create user personas and advocate for user needs
- Create UX design concepts such as wireframes and prototypes to showcase our product vision and get input from internal stakeholders and external target market contacts
- Deliver UI design artifacts to ensure designs and interactions are appropriately implemented in software products to meet user expectations
- Apply mobile first UX and UI best practices to create a consistent, singular experience across multiple devices
- Conduct market and user research to gain insight and feedback towards influencing UX and usability decisions
- Capable of designing concrete ideas, experiences, interactions, and visual designs for software products
- Work closely with product management coworkers to conceptualize product vision, goals, and features
- Collaborate with software development teams to balance quality designs with feasible implementation approaches that result in quick to market product delivery with unbeatable user experience
- Participate in design reviews and openly provide feedback and guidance to peers
- Driven towards continuous learning by staying abreast of UX and UI design trends and how the products offered by Red Arrow can take advantage of those trends
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in UX, UI, and visual design for software products
- Proficient understanding of UX tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, or similar creative design tools
- Experience with usability testing and gathering input through user research desired
- Expertise in user centered design principles and practices preferred
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS a plus
- Positive Attitude and Energy – exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
- Strong commitment to Dohmen’s vision & values
- Passion to deliver on Red Arrow’s mission
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to actualize theory
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to share knowledge and build collective understanding
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Good issue identification, problem solving and prioritization skills
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Self-disciplined with evidence of setting and achieving goals
Since 1858, Dohmen has been driven by the desire to create a more efficient, effective and easy to use health experience. As entrepreneurs, we dream big. We try new things. And we find bold new ways of realizing our vision. Today, at Red Arrow, we find and build transformative technology with the potential to transform health.
Our behavior is guided by five simple values
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are – how we act, how we do business, how we work with our clients and how we work with each other. They’re what make us successful. They’re what set us apart.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com and include your resume.