Location: Raleigh, NC (preferred)
Reports to: VP Professional Services and Product Management
Date Prepared: August 10, 2018
As an Implementation Specialist/Technical Project Manager, you will be managing a diverse portfolio of projects related to the HORIZON LIMS application. Your project assignments will range in complexity including scope, budget, schedule, securing resources, and assisting with recommending business solution alternatives to meet business expectations. Your primary responsibilities will be to function as a customer-facing technical resource to complete implementations and manage projects.
Position Success Factors
- Able to build and configure LIMS task codes within the first three months of employment.
- Has the ability to create LIMS instrument interfaces and CAT/Calc modifications within the first six months.
- Can create and modify reports within the first ninth months of employment.
- Progress to being at least 65% billable by the twelfth month of employment.
- Be able to successfully implement technical HORIZON solutions as a member of an implementation team.
- Have the ability to manage and deliver small HORIZON projects for existing clients.
- Provide tier two Help Desk support when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily:
- HORIZON system administration
- Laboratory domain experience
- PL/SQL Development
- Custom Report Development
- Instrument Parser Development
- Knowledge of HL7 messaging a plus
- Ability to travel domestically (10 - 25%)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- 1+ years of experience in LIMS system administration (HORIZON application experience is strongly preferred).
- 1 year Experience writing PL/SQL queries (Oracle database knowledge preferred)
- 1 year of domain experience supporting or working in a laboratory. Experience in one of following types of labs strongly preferred: Environmental/Water, Public Health, Toxicology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel, plus project management and process mapping knowledge
- Self Motivated – you must be capable of performing independently and without continuous oversight from management.
- Positive Attitude and Energy – Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others and a sense of humor. Energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
- Communication Skills – Possesses the ability to develop and articulate ideas and information that generate understanding and creates a climate that motivates and encourages others to participate.
- Innovator – Transforms creative ideas into original solutions that positively impact the company’s performance.
- Highly Principled – Proves to be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility and character who demonstrates high moral and ethical behavior.
- Strong communication skills
- Creative thinking that ties potential solutions to project work
- Ability to engage others to enable them to best contribute to our success
Since 1858, Dohmen has been driven by the desire to create a more efficient, effective and easy to use health experience. As entrepreneurs, we dream big. We try new things. And we find bold new ways of realizing our vision. Today, at Red Arrow, we find and build transformative technology with the potential to transform health.
Our behavior is guided by five simple values
- Caring: We’re empathetic and respectful.
- Committed: We’re dedicated and persistent.
- Creative: We’re inventive and imaginative.
- Collaborative: We’re cooperative and share our knowledge.
- Courageous: We’re willing to risk failure over inaction.
Our values represent the spirit of our company. They keep us grounded as we work to find the future. They define who we are – how we act, how we do business, how we work with our clients and how we work with each other. They’re what make us successful. They’re what set us apart.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to apply
Send an email to email@example.com and include your resume.